Black Cloud® FS Steel® Close Range
Black Cloud® Close Range waterfowl ammunition uses a 100 percent FLITESTOPPER® payload to achieve a full pattern within a very short distance, making it ideal for decoying or hunting flooded timber. Equipped with the FLITECONTROL FLEX™ wad, it delivers improved pattern density and consistency through both ported and standard waterfowl chokes. The efficient Catalyst™ lead-free primer and clean-burning, temperature-stable propellant significantly decrease residue in the barrel.
• Ideal for decoying or hunting flooded timber
• 100 percent FLITESTOPPER® payload achieves a full pattern within 20 to 30 yards
• Rear-opening FLITECONTROL FLEX™ wad provides the tightest patterns possible through both ported and standard waterfowl chokes
• Catalyst™ lead-free primer and clean-burning, temperature-stable propellant drastically reduce residue
• Black nickel head inhibits corrosion
• Sealed crimp defeats moisture in extreme conditions
Get cutting power with no loss of penetration. FLITESTOPPER pellets create a massive wound cavity that devastates game on impact.
A Look Inside
With the best components, manufacturing processes and quality standards, every Federal Premium round offers the best performance possible.
More Penetration On Ducks & Geese
FS Steel® creates a massive wound cavity visible in ballistic gelatin. Its amazing shot construction features a cutting edge that devastates on impact.
Close Range Power
A payload consisting of 100 percent FLITESTOPPER® steel increases edge to edge patterning at close ranges, while standard Black Cloud (mix of 60/40 Premium® and FS Steel®) is ideal for longer range performance.
Black Cloud Close Range uses a 100 percent FLITESTOPPER Steel payload to produce large, forvinging patterns inside of 30 yards.
Premium Shotshell Technologies
When it comes to shotshell ammunition, Federal Premium leads--the rest simply follow. Our technologies have shaped the industry and we continue to redefine shotshell performance.Learn More