Hunting at long range requires an extremely accurate bullet that still expands, holds together and penetrates deep. That’s why Federal Premium® has developed the Edge TLR™. Unlike other so-called long-range projectiles that can fail to perform on impact at lower velocities, the Edge TLR uses the exclusive Slipstream™ polymer tip to initiate expansion at long range. At close range, the bullet’s copper shank and bonded lead core retain weight for consistent, lethal penetration. Its long, sleek profile offers an extremely high ballistic coefficient and AccuChannel™ groove technology improves accuracy and reduces drag.
• Match-grade long-range accuracy in a bonded hunting bullet
• High-performance polymer tip material provides the industry's highest heat resistance for the most consistent ballistics
• Extremely high ballistic coefficient
• Exclusive Slipstream™ tip helps flatten trajectories and initiate low-velocity expansion
• Less wind drift and drop
• AccuChannel™ groove technology minimizes drag
• Copper shank and bonded lead core retain weight for deep penetration at any range
• Demonstrated expansion at 900 yards
A Look Inside
With the best components, manufacturing processes and quality standards, every Federal Premium round offers the best performance possible.
The Edge TLR™ bullet’s streamlined profile conceals a hard-hitting hunting bullet. Its bonded lead core and copper shank retain weight and ensure deep penetration at close range, while the Slipstream polymer tip initiates proper expansion during low-velocity impact at extreme distances. Gel shot at 900-yard velocity with P300WETLR1.
The Edge TLR™ bullet’s sleek boat-tail, secant ogive, Slipstream™ tip and unique AccuChannel™ grooving bring drag to an absolute minimum for the best possible long-range ballistics.
Premium Rifle Technologies
Federal Premium created the premium category of rifle ammunition in 1977, when we first combined the finest bullets with our world-class brass, primers and propellants. We're still the industry's technology leader.Learn More